We have an abundance of courgettes in the summer months thanks to mums allotment and sometimes we don’t know what t to do with them.
This is something a little different to your summer salads but is just as good in the winter and goes great with roast dinners, grilled fish, chicken and turkey.
Serves 6 (as a side) Syns = 4 (half per serving) ww points = 4 (1 point per serving)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
3 medium courgettes, washed and roughly chopped,
5 carrots peeled and roughly chopped,
1 mug of peas,
1 clove of garlic,
1/2 tsp dry thyme,
Salt and pepper.
1. Microwave the carrots in a heatproof jug filled with water for 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add the butter, olive oil, garlic and thyme to a pan over medium heat.
3. Add your courgette and coat them in the garlic butter.
4. Leave them to sit for 2 minutes before flipping.
5. Add your carrots, peas a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Cook until the peas are tender and serve.
You can jazz these up with a little chilli powder or paprika or even remove the thyme and use sesame oil in place of olive oil and add a dash of soy sauce to go with your fake away!
Let me know what you think love, Emily, Chef who slims x.