This delicious, easy, light soup is only 2 points per serving or syn free on slimming world! (if you are a vegetarian look at the bottom note at the end of the recipe)
4 servings (worked out on the weight watchers app at 2 points per serving)
2 smoked bacon medallions chopped as small as you can,
1 medium courgette, 1 large carrot, 1 large onion and 2 stalks of celery roughly chopped,
1/2 small cabbage shredded,
150g peas (fresh or frozen),
1 small bag green beans (topped and tailed),
60g dry pasta,
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 spring of rosemary (or half tp dry),
1 tbsp dry oregano,
1 clove garlic,
1 bay leaf,
3 tbsp shredded basil,
Salt and pepper.
1. Fry the bacon, onion, celery, carrot, courgette and cabbage in a saucepan in low calorie spray until they start to soften.
2. Add the herbs, garlic, tomato puree and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir to coat the veg in the herbs.
3. When you can smell the tomato puree add 1 litre of water and stir to dissolve the tomato puree into the water. (you may need more water later)
4. Summer and when the cabbage is tender add the pasta and green beans and cook until pasta is tender.
5. Stir in the basil and peas, remove the Bay leaf and serve.
This is great topped with a little parmesan and is really hearty and filling. If you are a vegetarian feel free to leave out the bacon but substitute with a drained can of cannelini beans and a pinch of smoked paprika. Add more water to the recipes when needed.
Thanks for sticking with me, love Emily, Chef who slims. X