When I was younger I truly loved the intense garlicky burst inside a chicken breast (even if it was reconstituted, but I was a kid so don’t judge!). I thought I would take the humble Kiev and not only make it slimming world friendly but upmarket it a little bit and save everyone some syns by using an almost parmesan crust!
Serves 4 people at 3 syns each (depending on the brand of butter you use)
4 medium chicken breasts,
2 cloves garlic (grated or crushed),
4 tsp salted butter (softened/room temp),
tbsp freshly chopped parsley,
1 tsp oregano,
4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan,
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mash and mix the butter, garlic, parsley, oregano and a grind of pepper together.
- In the larger end on the chicken breast using a knife, make a hole going about halfway down the breast, then put your finger in to stretch it a little.
- Divide the butter into 4 and push the butter into the hole you made then press the hole together.
- Place the chicken on a foil-lined tray, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, set the grill to high, take the foil off the pan and sprinkle over 1 tbsp of parmesan over each breast.
- Place under the grill until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Serve however you wish. (I like it just with salad or with a Pomodoro pasta or courgetti)
The parmesan acts as the breadcrumb crust but for less than half the syns. I hope you give this a go as it is utterly delicious.
Love Emily, The chef who slims x