If you love big mac in a bowl then you will love this too. Everything you want from the original big mac for minimal syns! This is a truly indulgent meal that is very addictive.
150g 5% beef mince, big pinch salt and pepper.
small onion finely diced,
1 gherkin sliced,
1 tbsp burger sauce (average 2 syns),
2 x dairylea light cheese slices (2 for hea or 4.5 for 2),
shredded iceberg lettuce,
kingsmill crustless wholemeal (3 slices for HEA or in a roll/bread – or syn at your choice),
- Heat a pan over high heat, meanwhile shape the beef mince into 2 burger shapes.
- Place the burgers into the hot pan and leave for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly toast your bread.
- Flip the burgers and leave for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spread 2 slices of the bread with the burger sauce and onion.
- sprinkle salt and pepper over the burgers then lay over the cheese and cover the pan with a lid.
- Layer some shredded iceberg on top of the sauce then place one of the burgers on top then some gherkin, the other piece of toast with sauce, more lettuce, the other burger and gherkins then the last piece of toast.
This is a really simple but fast take on the big mac and it hits all the right spots!
(image was of my dad’s burger which was in a white roll, I had mine in 3 of the Kingsmill crustless slices of bread that I lightly toasted – I may have been so hungry that I forgot my picture!)
Love Emily, Chef who slims x