It is courgette and pea season and we have A LOT of them! mum always goes over the top but I love finding new ways to use them. This salad is different, quick and delicious I dare you to give it a go.
serves 4 (2 syns each)
5 small courgettes cut in 1/4 lengthways (like strips),
150g peas (you can use frozen, just leave them to defrost or sit them in some boiling water for 10 minutes),
2 tsp olive oil (good quality 4 syns),
50g reduced fat feta (part HEA or 4 syns),
tbsp roughly chopped mint,
zest and juice of half a lemon,
pinch of salt and pepper,
2 handfuls rocket,
- Heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) on a high heat.
- Meanwhile, spray the courgette with low-calorie spray then put on the griddle and leave for 3/4 minutes before turning (and repeating until griddle marks appear and all sides are cooked).
- Meanwhile whisk together the lemon zest, juice, mint, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lay the rocket on a platter and lay the courgette over the top before pouring the dressing and peas over the top.
- Crumble the feta and sprinkle it over the top of the salad platter.
This salad is so simple to make but is delicious and great with a simple pasta or grilled chicken or fish.
I would love some feedback so please leave me comments!
Love Emily, Chef who slims x