When you want something tasty and filling for on the go this breakfast quesadilla will not only help fill you up but also become a firm favourite on your recipe repertoire. Afterall, what could be better than a handheld Full English breakfast on the go? Feel free to leave out the bacon or swap for a vegetarian alternative.
1 wrap (i use HEB so BFree wrap or WW otherwise would be synned),
30g cheese of your choice (HEA or syns),
1/2 tin of potatoes, drained and sliced,
2 medallions of bacon finely diced,
4 chestnut mushrooms thinly sliced,
salt and pepper,
- In a hot pan add the bacon and stir-fry until lightly crisp.
- Add the potatoes and mushrooms and stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms and potatoes start to crisp up before cracking in the egg, adding a pinch of salt and pepper and stir-frying until the egg is set.
- Place half the cheese on one side of the wrap.
- Place the egg bacon mixture on top then place the pan back on the heat.
- Put the remaining cheese on top of the egg mix before folding over the wrap.
- Place the wrap in the pan and leave for 1-2 minutes before flipping. This will give the cheese time to melt and the wrap time to crisp up.
- Put the quesadilla onto a chopping board, slice in half and you’re set to go!
It may seem like a lot of steps but this comes together in a matter of minutes. You can also make a small batch of these to keep in the fridge for up to 4 days where you can microwave them to take on the go!
Love Emily, Chef who slims. x