I was in a rush for dinner and managed to through together this dish that I just had to share with you all! Full of tomato and basil flavour, you really can’t beat it.
If you are vegetarian feel free to omit the meatballs or use an alternative such as some Quorn mince or vegetarian meatballs.
1 pack of defrosted slimming world meatballs cut in half (or 12 meatballs of your choice),
1 large onion and courgette in small chunks,
2 large garlic cloves,
1 tin of tomatoes,
2 tbsp tomato puree,
1 tsp oregano,
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat and spray with low-calorie spray.
- Add the meatballs, courgette and onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir fry for thirty seconds before adding the tomatoes.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper, half the basil, the pasta and top up with water (to only just cover the pasta).
- Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the tomato puree, another pinch of salt and pepper and the remaining basil and let simmer until the tomato puree thickens the sauce.
This dish is ready to serve in less than 20 minutes so makes the best midweek dinner! I hope you give it a try!
Love Emily, Chef who slims x