This chicken pesto pasta salad will last in the fridge for up to 5 days and can be eaten both hot or cold so is ideal for lunches or dinners, especially in this hot weather.
1.5 syns per portion (5 portions)
1 tsp olive oil,
300g baby plum tomatoes cut in half,
200g baby spinach roughly chopped,
3 large chicken breasts,
3 tbsp reduced fat pesto,
salt and pepper,
- pour the oil onto the chicken and add the salt and pepper, massage then sear in a hot pan until golden on both sides.
- Add 200ml of water and simmer for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to instructions to the lowest time and save some of the pasta water (e.g when it says 7-10 minutes cook for 7).
- Rinse and cool the pasta, add back to the pot and stir through the pesto adding some pasta water if needed, red tomatoes, rocket and spinach, salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta into 5 tubs and slice the chicken into pieces and divide into the tubs and place on top.
This dish doesn’t freeze that well because of the tomatoes and rocket, but you could always remove them and add them before serving if you want to make a larger batch to freeze.
Love Emily, Chef who slims. x