I often struggle to stay on plan, usually because of my own stupidity. I start working on assignments or get busy with something so forget to eat breakfast then by 11 am i’m starving but because it is too early for lunch I grab whatever is close by!
So here I am sharing with you my meal prep 101 starting with my breakfast omelette. fillings in the omelette are totally interchangeable so if you are vegetarian just swap sausages/bacon for the vegetarian alternative.
6 sausages/rashers of bacon (or vegetarian alternative),
1 large onion in bitesize pieces,
1 tin of potatoes, drained and in bitesize pieces,
10 free range eggs (medium-large),
salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 180C
- In a pan fry off the sausages.
- When done, move to a chopping board and chop up into bitesize pieces.
- Meanwhile, in the empty sausage pan, fry off your potatoes and onions until lightly coloured and caramelized. (If you have an air fryer skip 1,2 and 3 and cook the potatoes, sausages and onions in your air fryer on 180C for 10-15 minutes)
- Whisk your eggs with salt and pepper and pour into a large ovenproof dish.
- sprinkle with the cooked onion, sausage and potato evenly over the egg mix.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (the top will puff up)
you can top with some cheddar if you wish as your healthy extra A but I like cooking it plain as I don’t always like to use my HEA for breakfast, I also line a tray and place chestnut mushrooms on the tray and spray all over with low-calorie spray and bake at the same time as the omelette.
Love Emily, Chef who slims x