I love a good side dish. I was eating saag aloo and thought how good the Indian spices would be through a bulgar wheat salad.
1 mug bulgar wheat (2 mugs water)
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 tsp cumin, garam masala, grated ginger and garlic
1 onion finely diced
salt and pepper + cayenne pepper to taste
- In a pot add the bulgar wheat and water and bring to the boil, when boiling cover, remove from the heat and leave for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in a pan with low-calorie spray and a generous pinch of salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- When softened add the ginger, garlic and spices and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add a splash of water and the spinach and cover until wilted.
- Turn the heat off and stir through the bulgar wheat and tomatoes.
Love Emily, Chef Who Slims x