Sometimes its nice to have a light pasta dish, this is definitely one of those light dishes! I think you really need the olive oil to boost the flavour!
serves 4 generously
300g Pasta (spaghetti works really well)
1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
250g 5% fat pork mince
1/2 tsp sage
pinch chilli flakes
1/2 lemon zested and juiced
2 tsp olive oil (4 syns)
2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
salt and pepper
100g cherry tomatoes halved
- Put your pasta on to boil.
- Meanwhile fry off the pork mince until starting to crip up then add the fennel, sage, chilli flakes, garlic and lemon zest and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put your pasta into the boiling water at this time and cook according to packet instructions -2 minutes.
- Add a little of the pasta water to the mince and the tomatoes.
- Using tongs move the pasta from the pot to the sausage pan, pour over the olive oil and toss everything together adding a little pasta water to help keep everything loose.
A great dish to share with friends and delicious with a side salad or steamed veggies.
Love Emily, Chef who slims x