Yes, the title is a play on words but I can’t help it, the sweetness of the peas with the peppery herby bite from the rocket and basil pesto.
serves 6-8 people
1 small potato and onion finely diced,
1 clove garlic,
750ml vegetable stock,
150g frozen defrosted peas,
Pesto: 30g rocket, 30g fresh basil,1 tbsp olive oil (6 syns),1 tbsp parmesan,1 small clove garlic, salt and pepper.
- Fry the onion in a soup pot until softened then add the garlic clove.
- When you can smell the garlic add the stock and potatoes and cook until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking blend the pesto ingredients together adding a little of the hot stock if you need to.
- When the potato is cooked add the peas to the stock, turn the heat off and blend, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup up and swirl a spoonful of the pesto into the soup.
This is the ultimate taste of spring, sweet, fresh, tangy, peppery a party on your tongue with no hassle!
Love Emily, The Chef Who slims x