This usually has chunks of mozzarella in but I’ve switched it up to sprinkle it over the top so you could either use the mozzarella as your healthy extra A or as syns.
1 large onion and garlic clove finely diced,
1 large aubergine in small chunks,
2 cans chopped tomatoes
handful roughly chopped basil
salt, pepper and low-calorie spray.
70g reduced fat mozzarella
Preheat your oven to 200C
- Spray the aubergine chunks with low-calorie spray (I suggest lining the tray with non-stick paper ) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry your onions until they are soft (3-5 minutes).
- Add your garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper and stir for a couple of minutes or until you can smell the garlic.
- Cook your pasta according to instructions and add the tinned tomatoes to the onions and garlic and simmer for 10 minutes. (your aubergine should be done)
- Turn off the heat, Stir in the aubergine, basil and aubergine, sprinkle over the mozzarella and put a lid on until the cheese melts.
Love Emily, The Chef Who Slims x