2 large chicken breasts (butterflied in half to make 4 fillets – or 4 large boneless skinless thighs)
50ml marsala (4 syns but double check values and check your brands please)
150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion finely diced
1/2 tsp thyme
150ml chicken stock
1 tbsp elmlea light double cream
salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken and sear in a pan over high heat for at least 2 minutes each side then remove to a plate.
- Add your mushrooms to the same pan over the high heat and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add your onion and thyme to the pan and stir-fry for another 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and pour your marsala and chicken stock into the pan.
- Place the chicken back in, cover with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes flipping the chicken over halfway through.
- Turn the heat off and pour in your cream stirring gently till combined.
If you are cooking rice or potatoes with this dish you want to start cooking them when you start the chicken. If you are having this with pasta to soak up the delicious juice you want to put that on at step 5!
Love Emily, The Chef who Slims x