I love this recipe but I rarely use to cook it as it took so long to make. I realised I can make it in my instant pot/pressure cooker and it takes hardly any time at all!
serves 6 (3 syns each or part of your HEA but double check your brands and syns please as syns will vary)
1 medium butternut squash, deseeded peeled and cubed,
1 onion and garlic clove finely diced,
1 tsp dry thyme,
200ml vegetable stock,
100g reduced fat cheddar,
2 tbsp grated parmesan,
huge pinch salt and pepper.
- Put your pasta in the pressure cooker with just enough water to cover and a pinch of salt, seal it and put it on low pressure for 1 minute. (this sounds crazy but trust me).
- Drain your pasta and set aside, rinse your pot liner and put it back in, over a high heat fry the onion, garlic and butternut squash for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in your veggie stock a huge pinch of salt and pepper and the time. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Blend the butternut squash and stir in your cheese but save a small handful.
- Stir in your pasta. Pour into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the leftover cheese.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese is lightly golden.
My family are meat eaters so I sometimes sprinkle over a little bit of crisped up bacon or just serve with a side salad! From start to plate this dish is ready in 1/4 of the time than my original recipe which is crazy. I worked out with the pot getting up to pressure it takes about 30 minutes to get it on your plate!!
I hope you give this a try as even my caveman of a dad loves this dish!
Love Emily, The Chef Who Slims. x