I love halloumi and sometimes it can be a little boring but if you know how to treat it right and know how to serve it then it can be a real treat or a great way to use your healthy extra.
1 small courgette or 3 baby courgettes cut into thin strips,
2 large spring onions
8 baby plum tomatoes
1 large roasted red pepper (from a jar, brined, rinsed and sliced into slithers)
50g thinly sliced reduced-fat halloumi ( half HEA each or 3 syns each)
2 big handfuls rocket
1 cup of couscous, 1 tsp dry oregano and basil
2 tbsp fat free vinaigrette of your choice, salt, pepper & 1 tbsp parsley
- Get a griddle pan nice and hot, spray the courgette, halloumi, tomatoes and spring onions in low calories spray and place the courgette and spring onions on first letting them char a little.
- Meanwhile, boil the kettle and mix the couscous in a bowl with the oregano, basil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of boiled water (the same cup you used to measure the couscous), stir and place some cling film on top.
- Remove the courgette and spring onions and place the halloumi and tomatoes on the griddle pan.
- Meanwhile, mix half the dressing with the couscous with the parsley and the other half with the rocket.
- Spoon a bed of couscous on the plates and divide the rocket onto each plate.
- chop the spring onion and lay the grilled vegetables and halloumi over the rocket and sprinkle over the spring onion.
A delicious yet simple and easy salad that is different yet satisfying than your everyday salad.
Average 283 calories per portion.
Love Emily, Chef Who Slims x