Sushi rice always seems daunting but is ridiculously easy to make. When you have your sushi rice figured out it is easy to make homemade sushi that can be syn free or near enough syn free.
Ratio – 1:1.5 (e.g 1 mug of rice to 1.5 mugs water) OR enough to cover the rice with 1 inch of water.
sushi rice (pudding rice does work but has a slightly different texture)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp water, pinch of sweetener and salt
- Rinse the rice and place in a pan.
- Pour over the water and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat to low and cover leaving for 5-10 minutes.
- Lift the lid and if the water seems like its nearly gone turn off the heat, cover again and leave for 15 minutes.
- Mix the vinegar, water, salt and sweetener and pour over the rice and mix and spread the rice over a layer of cling film.
- Leave until just cool to the touch and you are ready to use!
1 cup of rice (dried) is 763 calories. (will make quite a few sushi rolls and will easily serve 4)
Love Emily, chef who slims. x