For those of you who aren’t aware, the instant pot is on the rise! The instant pot (and there are other cheaper brands too) are electric pressure cookers that only release the lid when it is safe to do so. (always read your pressure cooker manual first!) Lasagne is one of those laborious tasks that is delicious but takes so long to make! So here is my quick way of making a lasagne.
500g 5% beef mince or quorn
1 finely diced onion, celery stick and carrot
1 grated clove garlic, 1 tsp oregano and basil
generous pinch of salt and pepper
2 tins of tomatoes (if using peeled plum squeeze them with your hands to break them up)
300ml veg stock (optional i also add a red wine tesco stock pot free)
1 pack lasagne sheets
50g reduced fat mozzarella , 2 tbsp parmesan (optional but part HEA or 6 syns total)
- Put the IP (instant pot) on saute mode and add the mince and fry whilst breaking apart.
- Add everything but the cheese and lasagne sheets.
- Put on the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Quick release and using a ladle take all of the mince out except a couple of ladles in the bottom. It may be a little wet but don’t be worried we need this to cook the pasta!
- Lay in the pasta sheets, then a layer of mince and then alternate, ending in a layer of mince. (make sure you pour in all of the liquid).
- Put the lid on and pressure cook for 5 minutes on low pressure then leave to naturally release. (about 10 minutes)
- Remove the lid and sprinkle over the cheese and place the lid back on just until the cheese has melted.
That is it! A lasagne in under 30 minutes. If you want less faff just add 400g pasta straight into the mince after step 3 and add just enough water to cover the pasta and put on low pressure for 3 minutes then quick release and do step 7.
Love Emily, chef who slims x