Buying this chicken in a Chinese restaurant usually comes in a light batter, we are changing this as obviously batter and slimming world do not mix! You don’t lose any flavour and these moreish pieces of chicken are well worth every bit of effort and every syn!
Serves 4-6 (13 syns whole recipe – 4 syns = 3.25 or 6 = 2.1 syns
3 large chicken breasts or 6 large chicken thighs cut into cubes.
2 large white onions in chunks
2 green peppers in chunks
3 spring onions finely sliced
2 tbsp honey, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp bicarb
- Preheat the oven to 250C Add the chicken, a splash of soy sauce and the bicarb to the chicken to a sandwich bag and squish together.
- Open the sandwich bag and pour in the cornflour mixing thoroughly, try shaking the bag.
- Lay the chicken spaced out on baking paper and bake until golden (15 ish minutes but keep an eye on it)
- Meanwhile add the honey, vinegar and soy sauce to a pan gently stirring until the sauce starts to thicken then remove from the heat.
- In a large frying pan add the sesame oil, onion and peppers on a high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and pour over the sauce and sprinkle over the sesame seeds stirring to let the sauce coat the chicken and vegetables, stir in the green onion before serving.
I usually serve with rice and ginger or garlic vegetables, I warn you, this is addictive!
323 calories for 4 people. 215 calories if serving 6 (that is without rice or veggies on side)
Love Emily, Chef who slims. x