Served with salad, fries or even sliced and shared between two in burger buns these philly cheese steak.. steaks are delicious and easy to make!
250g steak, visible fat removed (around the edges, obviously don’t go hacking up your steak to get a slither of marbling out!)
half red and yellow pepper and a small onion in thick(ish) slices
25g reduced fat cheddar (can use your HEA if you want but you would need to syn this otherwise)
salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan until searing hot, while it is heating it is a good time to chop your onions and peppers.
- place your steak in the pan and leave it for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for a further few minutes. (cook it to your liking obviously).
- Remove from the pan (leave the pan on) onto some foil, sprinkling over a pinch of salt and black pepper and wrap the steak and cover it with a tea towel.
- Put the peppers and onions in the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Leave the onions for a few minutes then stir and leave again (you still want some texture to them)
- Gather the peppers and onions to the middle of the pan, turn off the heat and sprinkle over the cheese and cover with a lid.
- Remove the steak from the foil packet and put on the plate with the sides and put the cheesy pepper and onion mix on top.
This is a treat and is quick and easy to make and to have on a plate in under 20 minutes!
The calorie count is for a 200g piece of rump steak so calories can vary. calories are 426 if serving one without any sides.
Love Emily, The chef who slims. x