I love this one pan dish it’s so quick and easy!
(The mozzarella is optional but is included in calorie count)
500g turkey mince, 400g pasta
1 tsp chopped garlic, dry oregano & 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tin tomatoes & 1 tbsp tomato purée
1 finely diced carrot, onion and celery stick
40g reduced fat mozzarella (syns/hea but optional)
1. Fry off the turkey mince.
2. Add the garlic, onion, carrot and celery and stir fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add the chilli flakes, oregano, tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and stir in until there are no tomato puree lumps.
4. Add in the pasta and top with enough water to only just cover it.
5. Stir and place the lid on with the pan over medium/low heat for 8 minutes.
6. Remove the lid, stir and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
7. Top with the cheese, turn off the heat and cover with the lid again until the cheese has melted.
Obviously if you feel like the pasta needs a splash more water then add it but it really is simple as that! If you want more spice then go ahead and add more chilli flakes. I find this amount of chilli flakes gives you a mild enough spice to be able to give this to kiddies.
Total calorie count 1824 can serve 4-6 (4 generously 6 with some veggies/salad etc), 4 people, =456 calories. 6 people = 304 calories.
Love Emily, chef who slims x