Tangy, savoury and comforting. This Italian lemon chicken will only set you back 1 syn per person (serves4) but is well worth it.
Delicious served with mashed potatoes (check out my syn free mash) or pasta or even with a salad!
4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp cornflour
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
200ml chicken stock
2 tbsp drained capers and chopped parsley.
Salt and pepper and pinch of sweetener.
1. Flatten the chicken breasts in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin.
2. Sprinkle over the salt and pepper and cornflour and pat it in to the chicken.
3. Heat a pan with non stick spray. When the pan is hot add the chicken and leave it for 2 minutes.
4. Flip the chicken over and leave for 2 more minutes before adding the butter, capers and lemon zest.(if you’re cooking pasta now would be the ideal time to add it to a boiling pan of water)
5. Stir the lemon juice, sweetener and parsley into the chicken stock and pour over the chicken breast and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
6. Flip over the chicken breast and simmer until the gravy starts to thicken.
There’s not really a way to describe this Italian dream of a dish! I hope you give it a try!
Love Emily x