What makes this dish so great is that it is freezable so you can pull it out at a moments notice to throw in the oven. Even the meat lovers will enjoy this recipe.
serves 6 (maybe 8)
6 filo sheets
Olive oil spray
1 large sweet potato small chunks
1 large onion and garlic clove finely diced
2 big handfuls spinach
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 large tomato in small chunks
2 tbsp roughly chopped almond slices
pinch chilli flakes
salt and pepper
- boil the sweet potato until almost fork tender and drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile fry the onion until it starts to soften, add the garlic, chilli, smoked paprika and tomatoes.
- Cook over a high heat, stirring until the tomatoes lose most of their moisture.
- Add the spinach and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once wilted stir in the sweet potato and almonds and let it cool.
- lay 2 sheets of filo side by side just slightly overlapping each other.
- spray all over with the olive oil spray and place another two sheets on top.
- Repeat then place the filling along the middle, fold over the side and roll into a long sausage.
- Spray all over with the olive oil and gently spread with your fingers and roll into a sausage, place on a baking tray, sprinkle over salt and pepper and bake at 180C until golden (about 20 minutes).
If you want to freeze this recipe, freeze before baking but after you have rolled it up then once frozen on the tray place into a large freezer bag and store up to 6 months. Bake until golden straight from the freezer.
Love Emily x