You may be wondering how you can make this creamy Italian dessert slimming world friendly? read onwards to find out! (no this is not purist and I should imagine this recipe angers some people but this is the best way to make this slimming world friendly)
If you can use vanilla pods or in place of that use 2 tsp vanilla bean paste.
700ml unsweetened almond milk
4 egg yolks
2 split and desseeded vanilla pods mixed into the milk
3 tbsp sugar OR sweetener
2 tsp gelatin or agar agar
- Whisk the sugar into half the milk with the vanilla and heat until almost simmering.
- whisk the egg yolks with some of the hot milk.
- whisk the egg mixture into the rest of the hot milk and whisk heating for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the gelatin/ agar agar and the rest of the milk.
- Split the mix into 6 glasses and cover the top of the glass with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
I like pushing some raspberries through a sieve adding a little bit of sweetener and pouring over the top of the pannacotta (i don’t even try to tip them out as I smashed a glass once!)
Love Emily x