These pigs in blankets may take more work but will save you a huge amount of syns and they are freezer friendly!
500g 5% pork mince
1/2 tsp sage, salt and pepper
2 tbsp water
rashers/medallions of smoked bacon cut into 3 strips (I buy the cheap supermarket bacon, snip off the fat)
- mix the pork mince, water, salt and pepper, nutmeg and sage very well until it is a smooth paste.
- The easiest way to do this is to use a piping bag or keep your hands wet by having a bowl of water nearby.
- Pipe or mould pieces of your pork mince into thumb size pieces, wrap them in a smoked bacon strip.
- Place them in a foil baking tray (you can find them in supermarkets with lids for as little as 3 for £1, it also makes washing up a lot easier!).
- Repeat until all of your sausage mix is used (if freezing make sure to cover with foil. If you have enough shape the leftover meat into patties and freeze for breakfast meals).
- If cooking from the freezer cook for 30-40 minutes at 180C and if from fresh (in the fridge they will last 3 days) at the same temperature for 15-20 minutes.
I hope these recipes help to make your Christmas a little easier for you, your family and your cleanup!
Love Emily x