This may seem fiddly but at least you would be aware of what is going in or on your pizzas as well as the syns that are going into them.
50g self raising flour (check your syns here) & a mug of boiling water
70g reduced fat mozzarella (check your syns here too or as part of your HEA)
1 small carton of passata
1 tsp dry oregano, basil and 1/2 tsp garlic granules and a big pinch of salt and pepper
any toppings (ham, pepperoni, vegetables etc)
- Mix a pinch of salt in with your flour then add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water and mix with a fork.
- Keep adding water 1 tbsp at a time until the mix is slightly crumbly.
- Tip onto a work surface and bring together with your hands. (you shouldn’t need extra flour as the heat and water help to bring the dough together).
- Wrap in cling film and set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes)
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a tray with foil or baking paper.
- roll out 1/4 of your dough as thin as you can and cut out circles and place them on your foil-lined tray and repeat until all the dough is gone.
- Put on your tomato sauce, your cheese and then your toppings and bake in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and the dough is lightly browned (about 4-8 minutes just keep an eye on them)
When working out syns add together the total amount of syns and divide by how many pizzas you get!
Once assembled rather than baking you can freeze for up to 3 months. Just leave them a little longer in the oven, again making sure they colour lightly and the cheese is melted)
Love Emily x