Yes you read it right! Microwave risotto for one! Easy for students, a quick meal or when you can’t be bothered to cook and the good thing is you can chuck in whatever you want or whatever you have on hand.
In a bowl for one!
1/2 tsp butter, 1 tbsp parmesan (any herbs you want to add)
1/2 small onion and garlic clover finely diced,
1/4 cup of rice (preferably risotto rice), 1/2 cup stock
anything you want to add, mushrooms, bacon, greens (just add it at the halfway stirring part)
- Microwave your butter and onions for 1 minute.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, the garlic, rice and stock (and any herbs).
- Cover loosely with some cling film and microwave for 5 minutes.
- At this point stir in the parmesan and any fillings such as bacon, chicken pieces, vegetables etc you want to add and give the risotto a good stir.
- Microwave for 3 more minutes before leaving for a minute before serving.
I thought I would share this as its just something different and easy!
Love Emily x