I researched this recipe thoroughly and honestly, this is a mix of the best recipes I found and tastes very similar to korma from a restaurant!
4-6 people (4 people = 1.5 syns each, 6 people 1 syn each)
4 large chicken breasts
6 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
1/2 tsp bicarb, salt and pepper
1 heaped tsp cumin. 1 tsp turmeric, coriander, garam masala, cinnamon
1 tbsp grated ginger and garlic
1 large onion finely diced
20g ground almonds
200ml chicken stock
- mix the chicken with the yoghurt, bicarb, cumin, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and cinnamon. (leave for at least 10 minutes)
- In a frying pan over a low heat fry the onion until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and ginger and when it is fragrant pour in the chicken.
- Leave to sit for 3-5 minutes then stir and add the almonds and stock.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until thickened.
Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander ontp of rice (or cauliflower rice).
Curry doesn’t always have to be long stewed.
Love Emily x