There are 2 main ways you could do this, you can either cook sheets of pasta which works well but is very faffy or the way I’m going to show you so really this is more of a bolognese cupcake.
250g 5% beef mince or quorn
1 grated carrot and courgette
1 small finely diced onion
1 grated garlic clove
1 tsp tomato puree and dry oregano and basil
1 carton passata
300g dry pasta
salt and pepper
70g reduced fat mozzarella (6 syns, we are using a 12 hole muffin pan so although this is optional will be 1/2 each)
- Start by boiling your pasta according to packet instruction minus 3 minutes as we will be finishing off in the oven.
- While your pasta is cooking fry off your mince until it starts to crisp up then add your onion until it starts to soften.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and in the rest of your veggies, herbs and garlic stirring until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the passata and tomato puree and stir then leave to simmer.
- Meanwhile, drain your pasta and rinse with cold water to prevent from sticking then add back to the pan.
- In a jug whisk your eggs with some salt and pepper then add to your drained pasta stirring to coat it.
- Stir through the meat sauce and portion into the 12 holes in the muffin pan and distribute the mozzarella on top of them.
- Bake at 180C for 20-30 minutes. The egg should have set the pasta and the mozzarella should be slightly browned.
These are just as nice cold with salad for lunch as they are warmed up. You can freeze these in freezer bags for up to 3 months if you don’t use mozzarella you can free for up to 6 months.
Lov Emily x