The oil isn’t essential but to me it makes the dish! You would otherwise need to use a decent amount of low cal spray! (if using oil you need to syn which can vary on brand so please check but roughly 2 syns)
Zest of half a lemon,
1 tbsp fresh oregano, 2 tbsp fresh basil ( or use 1 tsp dry of each),
100g orzo pasta
200ml vegetable stock or water (make up to 400ml in case you need more)
5-8 plum or cherry tomatoes (halved I use the Vitoria as they are sweet and pack a punch)
Pinch chilli flakes, salt and pepper
1 large clove chopped garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1. Place the olive oil in a frying pan with the garlic and heat the pan to medium.
2. When the garlic starts to sizzle add your chilli flakes and lemon zest and stir until you smell the lemon.
3. Add your tomatoes and herbs and stir for 3-5 minutes or until you can smell the herbs.
4. Add the orzo and coat it in the herby tomato mix. You want to stir for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and enough stock to cover the orzo by a cm.
6. Stir and leave for 3-5 minutes.
7. At this point if you need more stock give it a stir and add it in and leave for a further 3-5 minutes.
I love this served with a sprinkle of feta or with crispy halloumi and a pile of rocket on top or even with prawns or chicken!
Comfort food at its finest and in one pot!
Love Emily x