I’m sure you have all heard of the spinach and artichoke dip that Americans love, over here we are more accustomed to spinach and ricotta. Forget the spinach and ricotta lasagne I made, this goes perfectly with some of the Pomodoro sauce I uploaded last night. Cheesy, creamy, smooth and garlicky, you can’t really go wrong with this!
Serves 4 for 1 syn each
4 large jacket style potatoes, pricked all over
1 large onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, grated
2 big handfuls baby spinach, washed and roughly chopped
2 tbsp quark
1 tsp salt and black pepper
50g reduced fat mozzarella (3 syns but check your brand)
1 level tbsp grated parmesan (from the dairy aisle please!! 1 syn)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and microwave your potatoes until soft (should take about 15-25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, fry off your oven until it softens then add in your garlic and stir-fry until it is fragrant.
- Add in the spinach and salt and pepper and stir until the spinach wilts then turn off the heat.
- When the potatoes are done, cut them in half and scoop out the potato in the middle into a big bowl then place the potato skins onto a lined baking tray.
- Mash the potato and mix in the quark and parmesan until smooth then mix in the onion spinach mix.
- Scoop the potato mixture evenly back into the potatoes then share the mozzarella between the top of the potatoes and bake until bubbly and golden (10-15 minutes)
Alternatively, you could open the potatoes once cooked and mix in the spinach mix and quark and mozzarella separately to skip the baking step.
To store the potatoes, once you have filled them, leave them to cool completely, freeze on the tray then put it into a freezer bag. (they will last for 6 months).
Delicious served with my Pomodoro sauce or you could use some passata that has garlic and herbs in.
Love Emily. x