Recently there has been a lot of backlash about the new SW ham, pea and mushroom farfalle at Iceland.
What if you could make a meal that tastes 10x better in the 15 minutes it takes to microwave that meal for a fraction of the cost too! If you aren’t a fan of mushrooms just leave them out or add some leek instead! This will do a family of 4-6 people OR you could freeze in portions to have your very own slimming world homemade meals.
200g ham OR smoked bacon medallions chopped into bite-size pieces.
200g mushrooms chopped however you want (or leeks finely sliced)
400g pasta shapes
1 cup of frozen peas
3 tbsp low-fat Greek yoghurt
1 garlic clove
salt and pepper
1 tbsp parmesan per person (1 syn each)
1 egg yolk
- Get a pan over high heat and add a kettle of boiling water.
- on another ring get a large frying pan hot, add low cal cooking spray and add your bacon/ham.
- Add a good pinch of salt to the water and add your pasta shapes.
- Add your mushrooms to the ham and stir fry until they start to colour.
- Add the garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper and the peas.
- whisk your yoghurt, egg yolk and parmesan and a little bit of the pasta water.
- With a slotted spoon move the pasta into the ham pan and stir to coat the pasta in the ham and mushroom juices.
- Turn off the heat and stir in your yoghurt mix, adding a little more pasta water if needed.
Remember to keep stirring until the mixture thickens, the heat from the hot pasta will cook the egg yolk and make the sauce creamy and smooth.
I like to serve mine with broccoli and a sprinkle of parsley on top.
Love Emily x