It’s summer, the children are off school, we don’t always have time to make something for lunch, so why not make something packed full of speed food that is great for pack lunches, snacking on, or even taking to a BBQ?
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 tsp thyme
1 roughly chopped red pepper, onion, courgette, carrot and 1 cup of roughly chopped green beans.
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan over a high heat and spray with low cal spray.
- When hot, add the vegetables and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir fry until the onions and peppers start to soften then add the garlic and thyme and another pinch of salt and pepper.
- When you can smell the garlic add the rice and stir to coat the rice in the veggie garlicky flavour.
- Add the stock and stir before turning to low.
- Let the mix come to a boil and when the liquid has reduced by 1/4, stir, turn the heat off and cover with a lid and leave for 15 minutes.
If you want to store in the fridge, let cool completely then cover and put in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Love Emily x