The shrimp boil is something I have seen shared on youtube and facebook and you know what? I thought I would give it a go!
I can’t eat a lot of shellfish as it can upset me but I do like to have a good seafood/shellfish meal every so often.
serve 4-8 people generously
1 bag of slimming world chorizo style sausages (defrosted and pan fried and cut into slices)
6 fat cloves of garlic 4 smashed, 2 finely grated
1 whole lemon and onion halved,
1 tbsp smoked paprika and chilli powder, salt, black peppercorns, dried dill and coriander seeds,
4 whole corn on the cob cut into 3 pieces each,
1kg baby potatoes,
1 packet of already shelled crayfish (you can get anywhere in the supermarkets)
1 tbsp butter (6 syns whole dish but well worth it)
I should add I am very picky about where I get my seafood, I have found Morrisons is good value for money for meat and seafood and I can usually get a good deal!
If you can get one large shell on head on tiger prawn per person
BUT you want 2 packets of frozen or fresh, raw tiger prawns DEFROSTED
- Bring a huge pot of water to the boil and add in your potatoes.
- After 5 minutes add in the corn, seasonings, garlic (apart from the grated garlic) and onion and simmer until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add all of your prawns in and heat the butter and grated garlic in a pan.
- Add in the cray fish and fry over a low heat for a few minutes then add the cooked sausage slices to heat them through.
- Drain the shrimp boil and pour onto a platter tray to share and pour over the garlicky, buttery crayfish, smoked sausage goodness.
Sprinkle with some smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and freshly chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges and big bowls of salad.
Love Emily x