We are meant to be in the swing of summer yet it’s cold, gloomy and rainy, so here I have the perfect soup, almost a thick stew-like soup with chicken and lots of root veg and kale to help boost your intake of vitamin C, A, B6, K, E, Calcium magnesium!You name it this soup has it!
1 small sweet potato
2 large potatoes
3 large carrots
2 tins tomatoes
4 chicken thighs
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic grated
1 tsp dry basil and oregano
4 big handfuls of kale (I got a big bag of pre-shredded for under a pound as it was discounted!)
- season the chicken with salt and pepper and crisp up in some cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, add more spray and your veggies along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir fry until they start to colour.
- add in your garlic and herbs and stir fry until you can smell the garlic.
- Add in your tinned tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Top with the chicken and add enough water to just cover the chicken and vegetable.
- Let simmer for a good 2-4 hours (this is ideal for slow cooker or blast for 30 minutes in your pressure cooker or instant pot)
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Partially blend the soup to your liking or leave whole if you like it that way, shred the chicken into the soup and serve sprinkled with parmesan and fresh basil.
I love this soup its good for snacking on or having a cup of soup for lunch with some fruit is always a good way to go.
Love Emily x