Why not make mid-week meals easy and delicious rather than grabbing junk? This is a lot faster and tastier than any takeaway you could buy, not to mention cheaper and healthier
for one but easy to multiply
1 portion of egg noodles or wholeweat noodles. (i partially cook mine until they are just tender but still have a bite)
1 chicken breast (cut into thin strips)
1/2 tsp bicarb
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp each of sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
2 shredded spring onions
1 shredded carrot
1 white onion in thick slices
- Place the chicken in a sandwich bag with half the soy sauce, a pinch of white pepper and the bicarb and massage then set aside. (needs 10 minutes minimum to sit and marinade, the bicarb tenderises the meat so it is a good time to prep your veggies and noodles)
- Get a pan very hot and spray in some low-calorie cooking spray or olive oil.
- Add your chicken and let it sit for a minute then flip it and let it sit for another minute.
- Add in your onion and carrot and stir fry letting it sit for a few seconds to get some colour.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, stir-fry until fragrant then aff in your noodles and spring onions.
- Stir fry until everything is combined and the noodles are starting to crisp up.
- Add in your sesame oil and toss the noodles evenly then add your soy sauce and stir fry until it is evaporated. (chow mein translates to fried noodle so you don’t want them wet!)
Depending on how I am feeling I will add some broccoli to the mix or make some of my garlic broccoli which I am doing tonight!
Love Emily x