Quinoa is a whole grain that is extremely good for you and makes a great base to salads, veggie burgers and is naturally high in protein so can be a great alternative to meat!
Here are two ways for you to cook quinoa perfectly. One with an instant pot and one on the stove in a pan!
The first tip for cooking quinoa is a 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water. I usually use a cup or a mug, for every half cup (will make 2 portions) you want a whole cup of liquid or for every 1 cup of quinoa you would want 2 cups of liquid. You can always use stock and add herbs and spices as you cook your quinoa.
- Rinse your quinoa before washing (not all brands require you to do so but I think that’s best!)
- Add your rinsed quinoa to the pot with your liquid and any flavourings including stock.
- Bring the pot to a boil and when the liquid is almost absorbed, turn off the heat and cover with a lid.
- Leave for 10 minutes, fluff with a fork and recover with the lid for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your quinoa and add to the instant pot with your liquid and flavourings.
- Put on the rice setting or on a low-pressure setting for 12 minutes.
- Quick release, fluff with a fork and leave for a couple of minutes before using in your chosen recipe or serving.
Love Emily x