I made a slimming world friendly version of this soup but here is my ketogenic diet friendly recipe!
1 cup chopped broccoli
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 small clove garlic
2 tsp butter
(water to cover if needed)
2 tbsp blue cheese
- heat the butter in a pot with the garlic.
- When the garlic smells fragrant add the onion and a generous pinch of salt and pepper (i use Himalayan pink salt as its better for you and recommended on the ketogenic diet)
- When the onion has softened, add the broccoli and cook until the broccoli starts to colour a little bit.
- Add the milk, cheese and a splash of water (you want the liquid to just cover the broccoli)
- Simmer until the broccoli is soft, turn off the heat and blend until smooth. (taste and add more salt and pepper if needed)
(I use a tracker on my phone called my plate that tracks my micronutrients to help me stay on track! It also tracks your calories burned if you connect it to the health app on an iPhone! Check the image below for the nutritional information).
Love Emily x