Sounds a little crazy to be able to have a cheesecake style dessert on any diet, doesn’t it? This is a delicious, high fat (good fats) ketosis friendly recipe for those with a sweet tooth.
Makes 3 servings
1 handful of strawberries or raspberries. (about 4 good sized strawberries)
2 tbsp granulated natural sweetener + 1 tbsp (such as Truvia,stevia, xylitol etc)
3 tbsp cream cheese (full fat)
pinch of lemon zest
couple of drops of vanilla extract
100ml double cream.
1 tbsp almond slices
- Mash 3/4 of the fruit in a bowl, and stir in the sweetener, then set aside.
- mix and soften the cream choose in a bowl with the lemon zest and vanilla, gradually adding in the cream until it is a creamy thickened mix.
- Stir through the jammy mashed fruit mix, put into serving bowls and refrigerate.
- Put the sliced almonds in a hot pan to toast up. When lightly toasted sprinkle in the remaining sweetener and stir until melted. Place the nuts on baking paper and leave to cool.
- To serve top with the remaining berries and a sprinkle of the ‘sugared’, crispy almond slices.
This is really rich, I don’t like to make to too sweet as I like the freshness of the berries as if you are on the ketogenic diet you don’t get to eat berries that often! You may be better having this as a meal as it is high in calories (obviously as its full fat cream cheese and cream!)
Around 8g carbs per serving! You could also freeze this in an ice cube tray or tbsp scoops like fat bombs.
Love Emily x