Wasn’t quite sure what to call this recipe but, following a ketogenic diet, frying up broccoli with herbs and spices is only the best vegetable side that you can do. I am going to give this to you a couple of ways. The first is Asian, the second is Italian!
Basic: 1 small head of broccoli (in small pieces – the smaller, the faster it cooks) & 3 tbsp olive oil
Asian: 2 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp sesame seeds, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 clove garlic, grated 1 heaped tsp grated ginger.
- add the olive oil to a frying pan over a high heat. when hot add in the broccoli florets and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce and stir fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Stir through the sesame seeds and serve.
Italian: 1 large clove garlic crushed, generous pinch chilli flakes and as much parmesan as you want!
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan with the chilli flakes and garlic clove and turn to high heat.
- Once the pan is hot add your broccoli pieces and stir fry for 5-10 minutes adding a little splash of water if you need it.
- Top with plenty of parmesan to serve.
This is one of the most delicious ways to serve up broccoli and will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days so is great for meal prep.
Love Emily x