This is my very first ketosis recipe! A friend of mine sells an amazing product to help you lose weight safely and she calls it her unicorn powder! These ketosis recipes are low in carb but high in GOOD fats! This pizza baked chicken is just to die for. It is family friendly so you could make up a whole tray and serve it over pasta for your family while you have it with some lovely steamed veggies or even spiralled veggie spaghetti!
If you want this to serve more people just double the chicken breasts, pepperami and cheese!
2 big chicken breasts
4 slices of pepperami/salami (2 big slices per chicken breast)
60g full fat mature cheddar
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 red onion (finely chopped)
1 fat clove of garlic (grated or crushed)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dry oregano
fresh basil to serve
- In a pan add 1/2 of the olive oil and when its hot add in the chicken breasts to sear. (you could have chicken breast with the skin on but really with the topping we are going to add you wont need it!)
- Move the chicken to a plate then dd the rest of the olive oil along with the onion.
- When the onion starts to soften, add the garlic, dried herbs, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- When you can smell the garlic add in the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken breasts, cover with a lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- While the chicken breasts are cooking in the sauce heat your grill to medium high.
- Place 2 slices of pepperami/salami on each chicken breast and top with 30g of cheddar cheese then place under the grill until bubbling hot! (sprinkle over the fresh basil before serving!)
This kind of meal I love to eat, all the flavours of a decent pizza but really meaty and substantial, not to mention you can feel good about it afterwards!
(you are looking at around 14g of net carbs here for the whole recipe because of the tomatoes, onions, and garlic – you want to try and aim for a maximum of 50g of net carbs per day! if you serve this with a portion each of broccoli and green beans would only come to 17g net carbs per portion as this recipe serves 2 people )
Love Emily x