So i have a beef recipe that is slimming world friendly on my blog somewhere so i thought i would do a slightly updated version for all my ketosis friends out there! All the net carbs for the total meal will be listed down the bottom at the end of the recipe! (if making this dish for slimming world you would have to syn the cornflour and also the sesame oil, but you would need to replace the vegetable oil with something like a low calorie cooking spray)
serves 4-6 people
5 large chicken thighs
1 tbsp grated ginger
5 thin slices of ginger
3 large spring onions cut in half then into inch pieces
1 small white onion cut into chunks
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
vegetable oil to cook
1 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp bicarb
- slice the chicken thighs into strips or chunks (personal preference) and add into a sandwich bag with 1 tsp of sesame oil, the grated ginger and 1 tbsp soy sauce, massage in the bag and set aside. (while marinading this would be the tie to prep your veggies)
- In a non stick pan, heat it to very high and add about 1 tbsp oil and add your sliced ginger slices while its cool.
- While the pan is heating mix the water, cornflour and leftover soy sauce, grated ginger and sesame oil and a pinch of salt in a jug.
- When the pan is almost smoking hot Add the chicken in a thin layer, let it sit for 1-2 minutes or until you can shake the pan and the chicken comes free on its own.
- Turn the chicken, add the spring onions and onion.
- Once the chicken comes free on its own again, stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sauce that you mixed in the jug and turn down to medium, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken.
This sounds a lot more complicated than it is, this is one of my ultimate favourites to order from a takeaway. I will be doing a special fried rice next! well, cauliflower special fried rice!
The total net carbs of this whole dish comes to 25.3 so between 4 is just over 5g net carbs, between 6 people would be just 4.2g carbs!
Love Emily x