Closing your eyes and tasting this soup you hear a euphoria of summer and it hits you in the face! There’s nothingquite like this zingy soup and it’s good for lunch, dinner or snacks (and it’s just as good leftover with a couple of eggs cracked in to cure a hangover)
Makes 6 servings
2 cans tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans(drained)
1 can of sweet corn(drained)
2 chicken breasts, quarter length wise and cut into small cubes and marinaded in 1/2 TSP of bicarbonate of soda (this tenderises the meat to stop it going tough)
2 large cloves of garlic grated + 1 red chilli
1 heaped TSP cumin,coriander,paprika and oregano
1 tbsp tomato puree
Pinch of cinnamon
2 red onions and red peppers in rough bitesize dice
Salt and pepper
Zest and juice of a lime
Bunch of coriander
1. Fry the onion , chilli and red onion with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and saute until softened.
2. Add the chicken and saute until half cooked then add the garlic,tomato puree, ime zest and dry spices.
3. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until the spices become fragrant.
4. Add all of your tinned ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened to your liking.
5. Taste and season with more salt and pepper along with some lime juice.
Serve with freshly chopped coriander on top and yogurt spiked with chilli.
Love Emily x