Story time! There’s a pub called the oyster fleet and it does some decent food at decent prices. One day I had this beautifully creamy chicken and mushroom pasta in a creamy but light white wine sauce. I had to recreate it at home! But this sauce would be so good over chicken or even mussels like the packs you can get!
*I must make a point to double check your Cream and wine you’re using as brands will vary!
1 tsp finely chopped thyme and garlic
1 small onion finely diced
100ml white wine*(I used Sainsbury’s Rioja)
300ml chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp double cream (I use elmlea light, if you use normal double cream you may only need 1 tbsp)*
Salt and pepper.
1. Fry the onion over medium heat until soft.
2. Add the garlic, thyme and generous pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add 3/4 of the wine and let it reduce for a few minutes then add the stock and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the wine and the cream and simmer until starting to thicken.
5. Taste and season with more salt and pepper and simmer for another couple of minutes before serving.