This is a good way to spread a large piece of beef between 4 people, lightly spicy and aromatic this is s slight variation on a crispy chilli beef that is one of the top Chinese takeaway favourites!
1/2 tsp crushed chilli flakes and sechzaun peppercorns and bicarbonate soda
1 tsp grated Ginger and garlic
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (check syns here)
2 tbsp soy sauce and water
1 tsp sesame oil and cornflour(check syns here)
1 large onion and piece of steak.
2 large bell peppers (I like the mix of red and green or red and yellow)
1. Put the piece of steak in a sandwich bag and bash the steak out thinly.
2. Slice the steak as thinly as you can and add to a sandwhich bag with the bicarbonate soda, ginger and 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
3. Slice the onion and peppers thinly and get a pan extremely hot.
4. Spray with low cal spray and add the chilli flakes and peppercorns along with the garlic and ginger.
5. Stir fry for 30 seconds and add the beef and leave for a minute before turning.
6. Add the peppers and onions and stir together the chilli sauce, cornflour, soy and water.
7. Stir fry the peppers for 2-4 minutes then add the sauce.
8. Stir fry until sauce is thickened and serve over a steaming bowl of rice.
Love Emily x