I was pestered this morning to make my cinnamon buns/rolls by not only my boyfriend but my sister and man do they smell and taste good!!
Makes 16 good sized buns
500g plain Flour
7 g dry active yeast
60g caster sugar (and another 300g light brown sugar or golden caster)
250ml warm milk or water
1 egg ( and another for egg wash)
4 tbsp melted butter (and another 6 tbsp)
2 tbsp cinnamon
(Glaze is 150g cream cheese, 400ml milk, 1tsp vanilla and 150g icing sugar)
1. Mix the sugar,yeast and milk together and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile mix the 300g sugar and cinnamon in a seperate bowl.
3. In a bowl mix the flour and crack in the egg, 4 tbsp melted butter and the yeast mix, bring together(shouldn't be like normal bread dough, slightly wetter).
4. Tip onto a clean surface and bring together into a smooth dough by folding the dough in on itself, put in a bowl and cover with a clean, damp tea towel leaving to rise until doubled (best to leave at least 1 hour)
5. Tip onto a floured surface and roll out into a long rectangle.
6. Spread the 6 tbsp melted butter over the dough and sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar as evenly as you can. (You can reserve some to sprinkle over the egg wash)
7. Roll up into a long sausage and with a sharp knife cut equal pieces and lay swirl up in a baking tray and cover for 45 minutes.
8. While the dough is proving again preheat the oven to 170 Celsius.
9. Egg wash the dough.Bake for 35 minutes. Remove and leave at least 10 minutes before glazing.
I hope you give these a try as they are so light and fluffy and utterly delicious.
Love Emily x