Sounds odd right? It’s everything we love in an enchilada the tangy tomato sauce, peppers, onions and chicken and gooey melted cheese mixed in an easy baked rice dish that is utterly delicious with salad or on its own!
1 cup of basmati rice (follow my perfect rice recipe to cook until fluffy)
1 large red and green pepper and large onion (chopped)
1 tin tomatoes, kidney beans and sweet corn
3 large chicken breasts (bite size pieces and massaged with half tsp of bicarbonate soda)
1 tbsp each smoked paprika, ground cumin and tomato purée
3 grated garlic cloves
80g Reduced Fat mature cheddar(check your syns as this varied but 40g is HEA 80g is 6 syns so 3 syns each between four or 2 syns between 6)
1. Fry your chicken until lightly browned.
2. Add the peppers and onions until they start to soften then add the garlic and spices along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
3. When the spices have cooked out for a few minutes add the tinned tomatoes and tomato purée and simmer until the mix thickens then mix through the beans and corn.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 oC, mix the rice with the tomato mix and place in a baking tray.
5. Top with the cheese and bake until the cheese bubbles.
This is just as nice cold. You can reheat this but make sure it is PIPING hot.
Love Emily x