I use this for my katsu curry or for teriyaki chicken or as a base for chicken nuggets and my KFC style chicken also on my blog! Sometimes you need a little something to uplift you!
1 large chicken breast.
1 dark rye ryvita (part of HEB otherwise check syns)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
Salt and pepper
1. Between some greaseproof sprinkle some salt, the bicarb and pepper, place the chicken breast, season again and wrap the greaseproof in half over the breast.
2. Bash the living daylights out of that sucker until it’s as thin as you like, I like an even thickness of about 5-6 cm.
3. Set the chicken aside and crush your ryvita (I like some larger bits for texture), and mix the egg really well in a separate bowl.
4. Get a pan over medium heat with low cal spray in.
5. Coat the chicken in the egg, then the ryvita and put it in the pan. (Wash your hands and get rid of anything raw chickeny – yes that’s a word in my vocabulary)
6. Fry for 4 minutes on each side then a further 2 on each side before turning off the heat and removing the chicken to a chopping board and covering to let rest for 4-6 minutes.
This chicken is also great on a salad especially with my ginger soy dressing, so vibrant and totally gorgeous for spring and summer!
Love Emily x