This is vegetarian and vegan friendly this my own version of a syn free SP soup as I don’t like the one that is circling the internet! This has almost a minestrone feel to it and it’s beautifully thick and rich!!
2 large carrots, garlic cloves and onions
2 bell peppers of your choice
1 large leek
1 small butternut squash
4 heaped tbsp tomato purée
1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
2 tins of tomatoes or 1 jar passatta
1 tin of any SP friendly beans
1 mug of peas
Salt and pepper
*All vegetables can be cut to whatever size you want
1. Fry off the onion and leeks until they start to soften.
2. Add the garlic and when its fragrant add the rest of the ingredients except for the peas and tomato purée.
3. Add a big mug of water and simmer until the butternut squash is soft.
4. Add the remaining ingredients along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Super quick, easy, filling and delicious!!
* if using the instant pot saute the onions and celery and garlic in the same way, add all the ingredients except for the peas and tomato purée, pressure cook 10 minutes, quick release then turn sauté back on and add the peas and tomato purée simmering until the tomato purée cooks out 2-5 mins.
Love Emily xx