So after a failed day of sp (i did okay for breakfast and lunch but dinner I went off of SP and had some rice with my curry (although I made it with beef it’s better with chicken). I was going to make a massaman curry but had no coconut milk of any kind so came up with this outline of a recipe that i am storing on my site so I can tweak it!
serves 6 (around 2 – 3 syns per serving based on the peanut butter you use and whether you use sugar or sweetner)
6-8 chicken thighs (bitesize pieces)
2 large onions (one finely diced, the other sliced thinly)
2 large carrots (juliened)
1 heaped tsp cumin, coriander, chilli flakes
4 cardamom pods
1 tsp each lemongrass and ginger puree.
2 large garlic cloves grated
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 star anise
300ml beef stock
2 tbsp lowfat/natural peanut butter* (the brand i used was 4 syns per tbsp)
4 tsp sugar* (or sweetener to taste)
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Saute the diced onions until they start to soften.
- Add the ginger, garlic and lemon grass and saute until it becomes fragrant.
- Add all the spices and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and coat in the spice mix searing all over.
- in a jug mix the stock, peanut butter, soy sauce and sugar, meanwhile add the rest of the onions and carrots and stir fry.
- Add the liquid stock mix, the star anise and let simmer until it thickens to your liking.
I hope you all give this a try as really you can’t go wrong with this fakeaway favourite!
Love Emily x